About Me

Lets see where do I start ... My name is Indya Harrison . I am taking this class to improve my writiing ... I'm 20 years old , a communication major with a minor in english and a collateral in Africana Studies ... woooo that was alot to say in one breath lol ... Welcome

Monday, March 5, 2007

Literary Journalism – Draft 1

Literary Journalism – Draft 1

IDEAS
My first concert (John Legend featuring Robin Thicke)
My cousin Ishmael dying of AIDS
Living on Campus
My first poem I read on campus
Maryland
College
My life in fast motion

1 comment:

S. Chandler said...

These seem like good ideas. The way you have the ideas set up here it seems as though you are planning on using your experience as the frame for a more in-depth investigative report on the material. Good - that works - and it is what McPhee did. If you go with the concert - will you be reporting on the group? Living on Campus seems like something you could easily gather lots of information about.

Your cousin's illness would be a focus that would need great sensitivity. Would you be reporting on the family's experience? The nature of the disease? How Ishmael feels?

Reading your first poem sounds like it could also work. Would you be reporting on poetry readings in general? If you are reporting on that particular event - you will need to do something to make it important in the present (because it is over, and one thing about journalism is that it generally focuses on something that is a breaking or on-going concern.)

Love ...

Love ...
everyone searches for it ...